Anaesthetist and Pain Medicine Specialist
Dr Kathleen Cooke FANZCA, FFPMANZCA
After Anaesthesia Fellowship, Dr. Cooke completed her pain medicine training at the Multidisciplinary Pain Management Unit, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital under the mentorship of Professor Tess Cramond, 2006. Further studies in paediatric anaesthesia and pain medicine were completed at the Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle, USA, 2008-9 before returning to Brisbane.
Dr Cooke is interested in all aspects of pain management including procedural pain techniques for all ages, children, adolescents and adults.
Dr Kathleen Cooke is heavily involved in many charity and medical outreach programs, including:
- Director and Medical Lead, Support Kids in Pain, SKIP
- Anaesthesia Support Services for Paediatric Surgery, CURE International, Honduras
- Anaesthetic support, Operation Smile, Vietnam
- Anaesthetic Support, ENT Outreach Program Aboriginal Health, Deadly Ears.
Dr Kathleen Cooke holds many administrative and management roles in various organisations including:
- Director Pain Managment, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Medical Advisory Committee 2012-present
- Member, Queensland Pain Medicine Faculty Committee 2010- 2014
- CME co-ordinator, Qld Pain Medicine Faculty Committee 2011-2014
- CME co-ordinator to Scientific Convenor of ASM
Dr Cooke enjoys travel, horse riding and music